What’s New in the Catfish 0.6 Series?
Considering that I never “officially” announced the 0.6.0 release, there’s quite a bit to go on about here. Here’s some updates from the Changelog.
- Rewritten from the ground up, with an emphasis on speed and maintainability.
- Replaced the ‘find’ system command with Python’s own os.walk.
- The interface has been revamped, improving on the 0.4 series, bringing a styled sidebar and symbolic icons.
- Thumbnail support has been improved.
- Filenames can be dragged and dropped from the Catfish application.
- Files can now be deleted directly from the application interface.
- Operations can now be performed on multiple files at once (including the two new features mentioned above).
- Improved wildcard support.
- Simplified strings for easier translation.
- And finally, Python versions 2 or 3 can be used.
Screenshots are boring, and they don’t show off the power and speed of Catfish. So here’s the latest version in a great demo video.
PPA Available for Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, and 13.04
If you want to install the latest version in Ubuntu (or Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mint, etc.), simply add the Catfish-Stable PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:catfish-search/catfish-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install catfish