These new features build on top of what was recently added in 1.7.0. For more information about that release, please see this post.
- The “border-radius” property for the login window and power dialogs is now themeable with CSS.
- Widgets now support a themed alpha channel for “fake” transparency.
- Sessions are now represented by a graphical badge, similar to Unity Greeter
- Languages are now represented by a country-code label.
- LP #1266449: greeter crashes on empty username
- LP #1264563: switch-to-greeter does not set lock hint
- LP #1264771: Password entry box is not defined as invisible in glade definition
- LP #1267742: Screen artifacts appear after restart and cold boot
- LP #1270530: Login screen has boxes instead of text when font is not set
- Improved username tooltips
- Fixed memory leak in clock feature
- Improved xscreensaver timeout functionality
- Login button is now the “default” widget
- Windows can no longer be positioned off-screen
Download and Installation
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lightdm-gtk-greeter-team/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lightdm-gtk-greeter
If you find any bugs, please report them on the bugs page.