- The toolbar has been replaced with a Gtk HeaderBar. This better utilizes screen space and makes Catfish more consistent other Gtk3 applications.
- The sidebar has been cleaned up and now clearly indicates selected options.
- The file type and modification date dialogs were replaced with Popover widgets. Filter changes are now applied immediately.
- Startup, search, and results views now feature user-friendly “splash screens”.
- Catfish will no longer attempt to create thumbnails for Photoshop and SVG files. With recent library versions, this has caused Catfish to crash.
- Exit application with Ctrl+Q (LP: #1447045)
- Add GenericName to desktop file (LP: #1476401)
- Use the correct locate.db file (LP: #1480064)
- Use unique GUI IDs (LP: #1389896)
The latest version of Catfish can be downloaded from Launchpad. Ubuntu 15.10 “Wily Werewolf” users can install Catfish 1.3.0 from the repositories:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install catfish