Development for the Xfce media player is back on! Well over a year since the last release, Parole 0.9.0 brings a fresh set of features and fixes.
- New “mini mode”, activated from the right-click menu.
- New play and replay icons in the player content area. Clicking on these will play or replay your media (finally)!
- Most deprecated API calls have been dropped or replaced. We’re not dropping GtkStatusIcon yet, the notification area lives on in Xfce!
- Double buffering with the X11/XV video outputs has been reenabled. Ubuntu has been carrying this patch for a while now.
- The window title and content title are now set to the playing filename if no ID3 tags are found.
- Plugins can now be loaded by name instead of full path (plugin-name.so).
- The desktop file and related AppStream have been updated to the now-standard “reverse-DNS” convention (org.xfce.Parole)
- Translation updates: Asturian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
The latest version of Parole Media Player can always be downloaded from the Xfce archives. Grab version 0.9.0 from the below link.
- SHA-256: 656712d30fd2f63374d4d4d76e699fe2ef77290cc2600c126050c699b3fec185
- SHA-1: 1fd5abf883963abf6e159d829cebd2d3541ebf8b
- MD5: 4d9ae4669dc92ec3100e191077f3d43b