A new (more) stable version of the Xfce media player is now available! Parole 1.0.2 fixes several bugs and improves packaged releases for distributions.
Bug fixes. So… many… fixes!
- Fixed compiler error -Wcast-function-type with GCC 8
- Fixed Appstream validation by removing <em></em> tags from translations (Xfce #14260)
- Resolved g_type_class_add_private warnings (Xfce #15014)
- Fixed play button sensitivity items are added to playlist (Xfce #13724, LP #1705243)
- Improved support for missing Gstreamer plugin installers (Xfce #14529)
- Fixed crash when opening files after disabling plugins (LP #1698540)
- Fixed disabling plugins enabled by distributions (e.g. MPRIS2 in Xubuntu)
- Fixed display of active/inactive plugins when reopening the Plugins Manager
Albanian, Arabic, Asturian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmal, Occitan (post 1500), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian
Parole Media Player 1.0.2 is included in Xubuntu 19.04, with other distributions likely adding it soon. If you can’t wait or want to install from source, download it below.