- A brand new Preferences dialog. This dialog includes options for window layout, display options, custom exclude directories (new!), and an option to close Catfish after opening a file (new!).
- Custom exclude directories. Previous releases of Catfish excluded various directories (/dev, ~/.cache, ~/.gvfs) to boost performance. This latest feature makes path exclusions customizable so users can further speed up their searches. (Xfce #15317)
- Close after select. Frequent file searcher? This feature will let you find and open your missing file, and close Catfish right away, keeping your application list at bay. (Xfce #14888)
- The previous release, Catfish 1.4.9 meant to include fixes for path exclusions. Somehow, I forgot to include the actual fix! So here it is, path exclusions are fixed and search performance should be increased as a result. (Debian #926850)
- Icons are now always displayed at a consistent size in the results. Previously, some icons would be displayed much larger than others, breaking the visual flow.
Improved Application menu
In the past, clicking the application menu in Catfish meant seeing a cluttered, inconsistently spaced and aligned popover with poorly-worded options. No more!
- Better use of space, padding, and margins
- Clearer purpose labels
- Keyboard accelerators are now displayed in the menu
- Symbolic links are now traversed, with actual paths only processed once
- Added search priority, surfacing more relevant results faster. Folders are now descended with the following priority, then alphabetically:
- XDG paths (Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc)
- Visible paths
- Hidden paths
- Better use of alt-accelerators
- Improved installation instructions (Xfce #15105)
- Reduced warnings displayed in the terminal
- Simplified Python 2/3 compatibility code
- Various code quality fixes (pylint, flake)
- Simplified welcome text. While not visually different, the 3 translatable phrases were merged into a single sentence to simplify translations. (Xfce #15596)
Albanian, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish