Since I’ve neglected to announce any of the previous releases since the development cycle, here’s a quick recap of the last few releases.
1.8.0, Released 2014-02-11
- Deprecated “show-language-selector” setting. This is now one of the included indicators.
- The “show-indicators” setting now controls all indicators. Included are session, language, a11y, and power.
- Configurable screen timeout when used as a lock screen
- A warning is now displayed when attempting to shut down or restart when other users are logged in
- Improved support for PAM messages
- Improved theming support
New keyboard shortcuts
- Alt+F4 — shut down dialog
- F9 — session menu
- F10 — language menu
- F11 — accessibility menu
- F12 — power menu
- The displayed PAM message is now reset when the selected user is changed.
- The font hint styles in the configuration template have been corrected.
- Indicators now load correctly with Ubuntu 14.04.
- The top panel can no longer be accidentally moved.
1.8.1, Released 2014-02-12
Fixed regression with Enter key no longer advancing to password field.
1.8.2, Released 2014-03-02
- Deprecated “show-indicators” setting, please use “indicators” now. This change improves the upgrade path from previous versions.
- Utilize mlockall to better protect the password field
- Added badge for Pantheon session
- Segmentation fault on uninstalled session (Fedora: #1002782, LP: #1272910)
- CPU hogging when clock is displayed (Fedora: #1069963)
- System language should be used as the default (LP: #1276072)
- Failure to remember last session and language of each user (LP: #1282139)
- Panel resizing off the screen when large fonts were enabled
- Clock would not always be center-aligned
- Improper language and session selection for users that are not logged in
1.8.3, Released 2014-03-13
- Sample lightdm-gtk-greeter.css is installed into doc.
- “Guest Session” is now used in favor of “Guest Account”
1.8.4, Released 2014-03-29
- lightdm-gtk-greeter does not exit cleanly when logging in (LP: #1290575)
Download and Installation
The source code for LightDM GTK+ Greeter can be obtained from the downloads page. Users of Ubuntu 14.04 will find the latest release in the repositories. Users of Ubuntu 13.10 can also install it from the Stable PPA using the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lightdm-gtk-greeter-team/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lightdm-gtk-greeter