- Mugshot’s license statement has been updated, and is now licensed under the GPL version 3 or newer.
- As of 0.3.0, the camera is now powered by Cheese and Clutter. There is an important note about Clutter support below.
- LP: #1310634: Mugshot does not correctly expand user details
- LP: #1311938: Remove hard dependency on AccountsService
- LP: #1315709: Fix timeout by using non-interactive
- LP: #1353530: Fixes startup and improves usability for LDAP users and other users where user details are not properly parsed
- LP: #1414443: Camera doesn’t initialize
- LP: #1462445, GNOME: #754640: Some users may find that Mugshot freezes when capturing a photo. This is a known issue in Clutter that seems to affect other applications as well. To work around this, launch Mugshot with:
The latest version of Mugshot can be downloaded from Launchpad. Ubuntu 15.10 “Wily Werewolf” users can install Mugshot 0.3.0 from the repositories:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mugshot