It’s been quite a while since I’ve made a proper release announcement for Mugshot. My last announcement was for 0.2.3, and since then we’ve had two stable and one development release. What have you missed?
- Mugshot’s license statement has been updated, and is now licensed under the GPL version 3 or newer.
- As of 0.3.0, the camera is now powered by Cheese and Clutter. There is an important note about Clutter support below.
- LP: #1310634: Mugshot does not correctly expand user details
- LP: #1311938: Remove hard dependency on AccountsService
- LP: #1315709: Fix timeout by using non-interactive
- LP: #1353530: Fixes startup and improves usability for LDAP users and other users where user details are not properly parsed
- LP: #1414443: Camera doesn’t initialize
- LP: #1462445, GNOME: #754640: Some users may find that Mugshot freezes when capturing a photo. This is a known issue in Clutter that seems to affect other applications as well. To work around this, launch Mugshot with:
- This has been worked around in Xubuntu 15.10, where this environment variable is included by default.
The latest version of Mugshot can be downloaded from Launchpad. Ubuntu 15.10 “Wily Werewolf” users can install Mugshot 0.3.0 from the repositories:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mugshot