Y is for… Yakkety yakkety yakkety yakkety yakkety yakkety yakkety yakkety yak. Naturally ????
— Mark Shuttleworth announcing Ubuntu 16.10
- New wallpaper (Launchpad)
- The Greybird and Numix themes now support GTK+ 3.20
- A few apps have been updated to their GTK+ 3 variants
- Various package version updates (below)
Package Version Updates
As previously mentioned, Xfce has been progressing towards version 4.14, where all components will be transitioned to GTK+ 3.
- Simon has been blogging about many of the changes. Check out his Shimmer Project blog for recent updates to libxfce4ui, xfce4-clipman, xfce4-notifyd, and xfce4-volumed-pulse.
- I recently completed initial ports of exo and xfce4-settings, I’ll have some long-overdue release announcements here soon.
- We’ll probably start including more GTK+ 3 components during the 17.04 cycle, watch for updates to the development blueprint!
Additionally, I started experimenting with GTK plugs and sockets recently, and I’ve started to assemble a new launcher for SGT Puzzles. I’ve added a short demo video below… look past the bugs and see it in all its fanciness. Once I’ve worked those out and made the interface a bit friendlier, I’ll make the code available and push out an initial release. Exciting times are ahead, be sure to stick around!
Download Xubuntu 16.10
This is the first development release since Xubuntu 16.04 “Xenial Xerus” and will be supported for 9 months. You can continue to use 16.04 (recommended for most) or download this release from the Xubuntu website.